A versatile friction material designed for heavy loads & tough terrain - yet excellent for over-the-road hauling
Heat Star is a proven, premium lining formulation designed to provide fleets with a brake lining delivering excellent service life in a variety of demanding vocational environments. Heat Star is rated for 23,000 lb axle loads, making it ideal for the unique stopping requirements of tough applications like liquid tanker, grain, cement or standard duty refuse, as well as over-the-road hauling.
Marathon's DiscStar family of air disc brake pads now feature 100% copper-free formulations and in complete compliance with applicable state and federal regulations as part of the Copper-Free Brake Initiative.
Heat Star linings feature the Hi-Density Marathon formulation that will improve your bottom line through better performance and fewer maintenance headaches.
- Works on a broad range of applications from severe duty to normal over the road hauling applications
- 100% Copper-free pad formulation
- Hi-Density formulation for excellent heat dissipation
- The longest service life of any brake lining in its class
- Dependable stopping performance
- Excellent brake fade and recovery characteristics
- Extremely drum friendly
Testing conducted in accordance with FMVSS 121 criteria @ 23,000 lb axle load: 16 1/2 x 7 inch S-cam air brake; type 30 air chamber and 5.5 inch slack adjuster; and a 19.6 inch tire rolling radius. Shaded area indicates non-compliance.